Driving home for lunch a few weeks ago, I saw this: an overturned tractor trailer of Coors Light. Do you think all of those made it to the trash heap?
Quite possibly the best farmstead cheese I've tasted: Bonnie Blue's Cave-Aged Camembert--soft, 'shroomy, and silky. This ain't feta, folks.
And the cocktail...
These are certainly the dog days of summer--burning, bright, and drippingly humid. Lem'onade Motlow-Style will either cool you down or make you hazy enough to ignore your discomfort.
3/4 cup raw sugar
2--4"stalks of rosemary, washed
1 cup fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- Add sugar and rosemary to a two-quart pitcher and muddle them with a wooden spoon to release the rosemary's oils.
- Next, add the lemon juice and stir until the sugar dissolves fully.
- Add water to the two-quart mark.
- To each tumbler, add ice.
- According to taste, add one to two shots of Jack Daniels per glass.
- Fill with rosemary-lemonade and enjoy.